FAQ: How do I complete drug or alcohol counseling?

This page contains information about substance abuse counseling. The counseling required for Deferred Prosecution agreements in Family Violence cases is called B.I.P.P.

How do I satisfy a drug or alcohol counseling/education requirement?

Check with your attorney to determine determine what course you should take for a specific case. Options may include:

  • Travis County Counseling and Education Services (TCCES) offers classes that satisfy requirements for most cases pending in one of the district or county courts at law in Travis County. In addition to the online course descriptions, TCCES offers an 8-hour Marijuana Class that is sometimes part of the plea bargain agreement in Marijuana cases (for more information about the class, call 512-854-9540).
  • The drug or alcohol counseling/education requirement imposed in the municipal and justice of the peace courts can usually be satisfied by taking any relevant 6-8 hour class. The Texas Department of State Health Services web site has a list of providers in your area.
  • If you live out of town you may be able to find a local or online alternative to coming to Austin for counseling. Be sure to consult with your attorney and get advance approval before beginning work on any substitute programs.


Answers to other Frequently Asked Questions

We defend people accused of domestic assault in and around Austin, Texas.
For a quote, call (512) 480-9020 or email inquiry@pacefirm.com


Contact Us

Advertisement for Legal Services
Austin Criminal Defense Attorney | Mission | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Report Error | Pricing / Fees | Refund Policy | Contact | About Us
Copyright © 2017 by Kiele Linroth Pace / The Pace Law Firm, P.C., All Rights Reserved
You may link to this web site or reproduce materials available herein for your own personal use or non-commercial distribution but all copies must include this copyright statement.
Kiele Linroth Pace is responsible for the content of this website. She can be reached at (512) 480-9020.